Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Poem Read Aloud

This is actually inspired by my first grade teacher. I can remember memorizing sections of the poem "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and then reciting it in front of our parents. So I decided to have my students do it as well. I'm not going to make it a whole production with parents, but we are going to recite it for our 4th grade Reading Buddies. I did make a few adaptations, and it's broken up for 25 parts. I have 21 students so a few sections we'll read as a class or in groups.

Click on the picture to grab a copy for your class. All I ask is that you please leave me a comment letting me know if you think you can use this in your classroom.


4 sweet comments:

Fun in First with Mrs. Ward said...

cute thanks for sharing!

Natalie Kay said...

Cute! I'm glad you left your link on my blog! Great minds do this alike! :)

Anonymous said...

I am student teaching in a Kindergarten class right now. We are planning a Christmas performance for our families to see. I was planning on doing a reader's theater version of The Night Before Christmas, and this will help me out. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Thanks!

annewalker said...

That's pretty nice. My kids also have the same activities, but this time, they will be writing short Christmas poems to write in their cards. That's pretty creative.