Thursday, August 11, 2011

Poppin' Popcorn (bulletin board)

I spent most of the morning in my classroom working on the outside bulletin board. Seriously, this took me almost two hours (granted, I was chatting with some co-workers during this time). Once again, I forgot my camera, so this picture was taken with my phone and it's a little blurry.


Okay, so I bought the Poppin' Popcorn bulletin board set at a local teacher's store, but decided it needed something more. So, I made the large popcorn container just with some red and white poster board (sorry - no template since I just free handed it). Then I glued on the saying 'Look who's POPPING into 1st grade!' Click {HERE} for that saying. After that I stapled on some popcorn bags I bought from Dollar Tree and stuffed in some yellow tissue paper to look *kind of* like popcorn (I really like 3-D bulletin boards).

This isn't even the final product, though. I'll add each child's name to a piece of the popcorn, when I get my final list (next Friday) and then I'll put up a first day of school picture behind their name.

It was a lot of work, and I probably should have been putting together the student's workbooks or something more productive, but I wanted this to be done for registration next week. I hope you're either enjoying the end of your break and having a great start to your year!



P.S. Have you checked out First Grade Connections, yet? It's going to be a great resource for first grade teachers!

3 sweet comments:

Janae said...

Looks great! I bought the same set to use for my word wall. Where did you get your border? I've been looking for a cute one to match. :)

Nina said...

Love it! I made a bulletin board with the same saying the other day! Love yours! We'll have to share ideas :)

http://firstgradewizards.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Looks great! I did the same popcorn theme on my welcome board. I'll post pics tomorrow.