Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer School Weekly Themes

Summer school is four weeks this year and I love the idea of integrating writing with some beloved read aloud books. Since my SS principal really wants this to be a fun experience for the students I've chosen to do a different theme for each week. Here's my plan:

Week 1 - Dr. Seuss unit inspired by What the Teacher Wants.


Week 2 - Mo Williems unit inspired by First Grader...at Last!


Week 3 - Fairy Tale Unit inspired by First Grade Awesomeness


Week 4 - Ice cream unit from Cara Carroll's (from The First Grade Parade) awesome unit on TPT.


I hope this makes summer school fun and memorable for the kiddos who are giving up part of their summer to review the first grade. I'm excited to meet them! Anyways if you haven't checked out the sites I've listed please go there now!

3 sweet comments:

Rachelle said...

Thanks for the shout out!!! :) I love your blog!!!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Ms. J said...

Love this idea!! Just found your blog and am thoroughly enjoying it!!

Miss J

smilescrayonsandendlessstories.blogspot.com

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Do you have an overall theme for your bulletin boards in your classroom this summer?