Saturday, January 14, 2012

Is a BRIBE worth your time?


Have you ever volunteered to be in charge of something and then wondered why you did, right after? Well, the last week of February / first of March is our Dr. Seuss Spirit Week and I signed up to take charge. We've haven't done this before the my "co-captain" AKA the person who is normally in charge or this sorta stuff isn't excited at all about it. So I basically volunteered because I want the students to have a blast celebrating Dr. Seuss. Thankfully I have you guys to help me out! I'm using a lot of our fun activities from Rachelle's Dr. Seuss unit. {Thanks, Girl!}


I do have a favor to ask of you guys though...That week we're supposed to have a "Family Reading Night" and I need some great ideas. One room will be a "Royal Reader" reading some classic Dr. Seuss and another room will have some parents doing face painting. I need around three other rooms where parents and their children can join in on some fun, easy Dr. Seuss based activities that would be fun for K-4. I'd appreciate ANY and ALL ideas!

As my way of saying thanks for you help I'm also throwing in a GIVEAWAY! I bought this great Dr. Jean CD a few months ago just to be used for a giveaway, but I was waiting for the right moment and this just feels right :o)


You have 3 ways to enter! { with 3 separate entries }

1. Follow this blog (or let me know that you already do!)
2. Put Ed Link - First Grade on your blogroll
3. Leave your idea for the Dr. Seuss Family Reading Night

That's it! I'll choose a winner next Wednesday-ish.

9 sweet comments:

Jena Snowden said...

You could do a snack room where the families go to up together some Dr. Suess themed goodies like the life saver and icing hats.

Oh and I follow your blog!
1st Grade with Miss Snowden

Amy C said...

I follow your blog!

arcrow@sbcglobal.net

Amy C said...

My district has a Family Reading Night and in several rooms we have local "celebrities" reading books such as members of the high school football team, the mayor, and police officers. The kids love to sit and listen to these people read.

Mrs. Brown said...

I follow your blog!

kellybrown28021@gmail.com

Mrs. Brown said...

Why don't you have a contest for dressing up! not sure if this is what you were talking about, but each family that dresses up as Dr. Seuss characters could have their name put in a hat. Maybe get area businesses to donate prizes and you could do 1, 2, 3 place? All participants could earn a homework pass for their child? If you have a snack, there is a really cute one with ice cream and ice cream cone. have you seen the one that looks like Cat in the Hat?


kellybrown28021@gmail.com

Mrs. Brown said...

I added your blog to my blog roll!

kellybrown28021@gmail.com

http://busyinkindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/01/mrs.html

Keys4Education said...

I follow your blog! :o)

Jennifer
jennkeys @ gmail . com

Keys4Education said...

I added you to my blogroll! :o)

Jennifer
jennkeys @ gmail . com

luvzenkms2(Leea) said...

I am in the same boat as you only it is mandatory for me to do it as Title I does it every year, so I am just going to send you to my pinterest board on the subject....LOL...http://pinterest.com/luvzenkms2/all-things-seuss/

Hope this helps :) I follow your blog !