Sunday, September 25, 2011

FCRR

I thought I'd just take a second to talk about one of my favorite literacy sites, The Florida Center for Reading Research. I just discovered it last year, so if anyone hasn't heard about it yet, you really should check it out.
Okay here's how it works. Click {HERE} to get to the page below, or you can just google FRCC and click on "FAIR Search Tool"


#1 - First you need to select your grade level. It goes from K-5 and then there's an option for 6-12 (all grouped together).
#2 - Next choose which skill you're working on (from Phonemic Awareness to Comprehension).
#3 - Then you can narrow down a specific area like High Frequency Words, Onset and Rime, etc.

Finally hit "Show Results and you'll see so many fun games and activities. If you haven't tried this already I know you'll LOVE this site!

1 sweet comments:

Janae said...

I am obsessed with this site. I've probably made/used every game! :)

Janae
The Sharpened Pencil